First Day of Fall Brings Business and Fun for CLCA Kern County Chapter
The first day of fall, Thursday, September 22, was an astronomical event known as the autumnal equinox; a day on which the Earth’s tilt on its axis causes the sun’s rays to strike the equator directly causing the northern and southern hemispheres to receive equal amounts of light causing day and night to be of equal duration. After exhausting the first of the autumnal daylight, Kern County CLCA gathered at Kern Turf Supply at 7000 Meany Avenue and enjoyed a few hours of 2016’s first fall evening.
After welcoming the attendees with warm smiles and cold beverages, our hosts invited us to dine on mouthwatering Mexican cuisine prepared and served by Immenso Savor Tacos & Catering—Carne Asada, al Pastor and Tinga de Pollo tacos, tender Spanish rice, savory frijoles, and salsa picante all washed down with ice cold beer.
Following the feast, we digested dinner and information shared by guest speaker Sam Perez of Hunter Industries. Sam’s presentation featured the new HC controller with Hydrawise™ web-based software offered exclusively through Hunter Industries.
The Hunter HC controller:
- May be managed from home/office computers and smart devices through a mobile application that provides alerts and enables remote troubleshooting.
- Creates predictable watering schedules based on forecast temperature, precipitation, humidity and wind speed.
- Provides free access to airport-based weather stations for local weather conditions.
- Modifies watering schedules using Predictive Watering™ program adjustments based on local weather conditions.
- Stores irrigation and landscape layouts online.
- Displays information on a full graphic touchscreen with backlight.
Sam fielded follow-up questions, then we intently listened to hear our raffle numbers called to receive various raffle items including promotional T-shirts and caps, bottles of tequila and vodka, and the irrigation controller. We thank our Kern Turf Supply hosts CEO and President Anthony Blanco, Purchasing Manager Shannon Sullivan, and Service Manager Vinney Osborn for extending their gracious hospitality to our chapter. Thanks also to Immenso Savor Tacos & Catering for their delectable cuisine, and our members for their support. We look forward to seeing you at our upcoming events.